evo* will take place at the Computer Science School of the university of Málaga.The school premises are located at the Campus de Teatinos, 15 min. from Málaga downtown, 15 min. from the Airport, 10 min. from the Parque Tecnológico de Andalucía.
evo* will use the following facilities:
- Plenary activities:
- 1 Main conference room (526 seats)
- Parallel sessions:
- 2 Small conference rooms (70 and 50 seats)
- 1 Large seminar (68 seats)
- 2 Medium-size seminars (36 and 40 seats)
All rooms are equipped with computers, data projectors and loudspeakers. Wi-fi access would be provided for conference delegates. The School has a large cafeteria for lunches and coffee-breaks.
The School has an easy access from Málaga downtown by bus or taxi.
how to get to the venue
The campus can be easily reached by bus. Public buses from lines 8, 20 and 22 take you to the campus from the city center (main bus stop: “Alameda Principal”). Average commuting time is about 20 minutes from the city center, and buses run every 15 minutes. Click on the map below to enlarge.
Taking you own car, or hiring one, is a sensible option if you plan to stay around before or after the conference, and visit the rest of Málaga province and Andalucía (Granada, Córdoba, Sevilla, …). See the road map below for directions (click to enlarge):
Taxis are not very expensive in Málaga, and they may become a good option to move around. The usual taxi fare for taking you from the city center to the University campus (or the other way round) is about EUR 8 (the trip takes 15 minutes aprox).
Taxis are a very convenient way for moving around in Málaga, specially if you are in a hurry, or get lost. Taxi drivers are accustomed to tourists and you do not have to worry too much about they ripping you off (which happens very rarely, despite all negative publicity about this). However, some considerations must always be taken into account:
- In the airport, please do not trust unofficial taxi drivers that unsolicitedly offer you their services. Use the taxis available outside the airport waiting in the normal taxi lines.
- Taxis inside Málaga use taxi-meters for calculating the trip fare. However, trips to and from the Torremolinos have a fixed fare and do not use the taxi-meter. Please ask for the trip fare to the taxi driver before getting into the taxi, and ALWAYS ask for a receipt. All taxis should have a price list with the fares applicable to all trips, which should be clearly visible and must be explained to everybody upon request. Make clear with the taxi driver the amount of the fare before getting into the taxi.
- Taxi-meters should be used between the city center of Málaga and the University or the airport, since they are all considered to be inside the city limits.