Please refer to the instructions sent to you by e-mail when your paper was accepted. Remember to complete the copyright form. The editors of the EvoStar volumes are:
evocop: Jin-Kao Hao and Martin Middendorf
evobio: Mario Giacobini, Leonardo Vanneschi and William S. Bush
evomusart: Penousal Machado, Juan Romero, Adrian Carballal
evoapplications : Cecilia di Chio
Please observe the deadlines for both final copy and copyright form to avoid your paper being excluded from publication. And remember that a condition of publication is that at least one author must register for EvoStar and attend to present the work in Málaga.
Please follow Springer’s LNCS instructions when preparing your paper. The page limits are strict. Papers which are not formatted according to those guidelines, or do not respect the page limit, risk being not included in the proceedings.
There is a file size limit of 8MB. Files over 8Mb will be automatically rejected by the online submission system. If your PDf is larger than 8MB please contact the event’s chair.
preparing the camera ready copy of your paper
If your paper was accepted you should already have received an e-mail with detailed instructions. Please refer to that e-mail for particular details. An overview of the submission instructions follows.
Springer reprocesses all the contributions, meaning that you have to provide all source files and figures.
You should prepare a single tgz or zip-file containing a single directory with all of the necessary files (and all the necessary .sty files). The name of the directory should be the last name of the first author. The directory has to contain:
- Latex .tex file (named with the last name of the first author).
- Latex .bbl file, if references are in a separate file (named with the last name of the first author).
- All figures (.ps or .eps).
- Final .dvi file (named with the last name of the first author).
- Final .ps file (named with the last name of the first author).
- Final .pdf file (named with the last name of the first author).
- .rtf file if another word processing program other than Latex was used (named with the last name of the first author).
- authors.txt : This file should have one line for each author of the paper using the following format:
- <first names of first author> <last name of first author> <email>
- <first names of second author> <last name of second author> <email>
- Please mark the contact author with * at the end of the line.
- abstract.txt : This file should have the following structure:
- first line: title of the paper
- second line: blank
- remaining lines: abstract of the paper (in ASCII without line breaks).
- Scanned signed copyright form as PDF using the following filename: <last name of first author>cr.pdf (one author may sign on behalf of all authors of a paper).
Before 27 January 2012, you also have to send an e-mail to j.willies (at) napier.ac.uk with the title: ”EvoStar12 attendance confirmation” which includes the following information:
- Name of (co)author who will attend EvoStar2012 ________
- If attendee is a student, their advisor ___________ has been cc-ed into this mail
- If a VISA is required for the attendee, the application process has started: Not-required / Yes / No.
When preparing your camera-ready, please make sure that you:
- Omit all headers (no page numbers, no running title, no running authors) but specify them in the .tex source, because Springer will activate them in reformatting the proceedings. For Word users, add the specifications without activating headers.
- List all references in first authors’ alphabetical order (for LaTeX users, use the right .bst style sheet). Also, in case you cite more than one paper in the same reference, make sure they appear in the text numbered in ascending order (for example, do not order them in time).
Authors not following the instructions may result in the paper not being included in the proceedings.
The copyright form is available from this link.
In summary, you have to do each of the following tasks no later than 27 January 2012
- Submit the paper including all source files (see above for details)
- Submit an authors.txt file
- Submit an abstract.txt file
- Complete and submit a signed copyright form as PDF
- Send an email with the name of the (co)author who will attend and register at EvoStar2012
- At least one author must register, pay the conference fee and present the work in Málaga